Saturday, July 6, 2013

Momma Always Said..."Don't put a Plastic Bag on Your Head"


  Pinterest has "taught" me a lot of things.  For instance, I've learned that I get hungry while looking at the different posts.  Puppies are cute.  Quotes are shared because they are either inspiring or made someone laugh out loud.  Also, most people don't change the description when they "repin." And if I add Root Beer to my BBQ sauce, and stick it in a slow cooker, I can make BBQ/Root Beer Chicken. Furthermore, I learned that if I cut up a t-shirt, and tie the cut up pieces together, it's like having a brand new trendy shirt to show off.  (As long as it gets cut in all the right places. Otherwise I just made some fancy cleaning rags.)


Who would have thought the magical plant we all know and love could be used to restore hair growth.  Well, that's the theory anyway.
I decided to take this theory and try it out for myself.  Lots of days, my hair has a mind of it's own.  Will it be straight? Will it be frizzy? Will I look like a tropical bird trying to "show off" by ruffling my feathery strands.  I see many pictures of long luscious locks on Pinterest; different and creative hairstyles, ways to braid, ways to get the trending ombre colored tresses.  However, my beautiful breaking mane just doesn't look the way Pinterest says it will.  I have jumped on the bandwagon in a big way.  My hair might turn green, or it might fall out altogether.  But instead of worrying about it, I will hope and wait to see if a daily dose of aloe vera gel will give me my own Pinterest worthy do.

No comments:

Post a Comment